- be undergraduates majoring in geology, earth science, geological engineering, petroleum engineering, or energy economics and finance at a North Dakota college/university, or have work/internship experience in the oil and gas industry;
- have a GPA of 3.0 or higher; and
- have completed at least 12 hours in geology, earth science, or geological engineering.
To apply for the scholarship, applicants must submit the following:
- college transcripts,
- a one-page essay on career plans in their chosen major, and
- a letter of reference reflecting on the student’s general character, work ethic, etc. from a college professor.
Questions? Call 701-223-6380 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be postmarked by April 1, 2012, and sent to:
NDPC Scholarship Fund
P.O. Box 1395
Bismarck, ND 58502
or via e-mail to: email@example.com
The scholarship fund was established in 2008 to support students who are pursuing post-secondary education in geology, engineering, processing plant technology, science, technical skills or other careers related to the oil and gas industry. The scholarships are part of the oil and gas industry’s efforts to help solve growing workforce demands in North Dakota.