To be eligible for the award, students must:
- be undergraduates majoring in geology, earth science, geological engineering, petroleum engineering, or energy economics and finance at a North Dakota college/university, or have work/internship experience in the oil and gas industry;
- have a GPA of 3.0 or higher; and
- have completed at least 12 hours in geology, earth science, or geological engineering.
To apply for the scholarship, applicants must submit the following:
- college transcripts,
- a one-page essay on career plans in their chosen major, and
- a letter of reference reflecting on the student’s general character, work ethic, etc. from a college professor.
Questions? Call 701-223-6380 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be postmarked by April 1, 2012, and sent to:
NDPC Scholarship Fund
P.O. Box 1395
Bismarck, ND 58502
or via e-mail to: email@example.com
The scholarship fund was established in 2008 to support students who are pursuing post-secondary education in geology, engineering, processing plant technology, science, technical skills or other careers related to the oil and gas industry. The scholarships are part of the oil and gas industry’s efforts to help solve growing workforce demands in North Dakota.
We are excited to join the conversation on the web & in print with exciting news and information about the incredible growth in the Bakken!
Our publication will be chock full of Oil Industry News, State-specific policies and politics, Employment resources, and the Businesses and Services that are successfully working in and around the Bakken Oil region. The Print Edition of the BAKKEN OIL BUSINESS JOURNAL will be distributed directly to all local and national companies affiliated with the oil industry in the Bakken, as well as to our Subscribers, and will be distributed to all affiliated Professional Associations and Exhibition Trade Shows. The Print Edition will be printed on high-gloss paper in full-color throughout with editorial, vivid photographs and illustrations.
Take advantage of our special offer:
Get a **FREE** Online BUSINESS DIRECTORY listings for a limited time only with your AD purchase in our Print Edition which is slated for publication in May of 2012. Take advantage of **PRIORITY** online positioning for SPONSORED WEB BANNER ADVERTISING and Business Directory Listings as a Grand Opening perk for our pilot issue of the BAKKEN OIL BUSINESS JOURNAL. Contact us for more information!